Considering an unattended cremation is an important decision, we’re here to help.
Direct Cremation (unattended)
An unattended cremation is commonly called a direct cremation. This is a service we are happy to provide and will guide you through this choice. We are always keen to stress that as each funeral choice has to represent your wishes, it is also wise to consider the feelings and emotional impact this option may have on your loved ones.
A direct cremation involves no form of service or ceremony at the crematorium with no mourners allowed to be in attendance. This does not mean that you can not arrange a service of celebration at a later time and we would be happy to help in arranging this.
A direct cremation is a less expensive alternative to a traditional funeral but for loved ones left it can be very difficult not to have the opportunity to celebrate your life and have a symbolic goodbye, which is one of the main features of a funeral.
As a local family business, that prides itself on the highest standards in all we do, rest assured whatever your funeral choice, the highest levels of care will be given to your lost loved one.
Our direct cremation package includes the following:
- Our private ambulance to convey from a private residence, hospital or Coroner’s mortuary within 15 miles and office hours
- Completion of all documentation.
- Doctors’ fees where they apply (£82.00)
- Cremation at a day and time we choose – No funeral service and no attendance by mourners at crematorium.
- Fee for Cremation (at Crematorium of our choice).
- Suitable basic coffin of our choice, in standard size, with nameplate.
- Option to collect cremated remains from either one of our funeral homes or from the crematorium; or scatter in the Garden of Remembrance (unwitnessed).
- No viewing in our private Chapel of Rest
- Full payment in advance.
Total Cost £1,967.00 inclusive of listed disbursements – fully payable before the cremation takes place. If the cremation does not happen within 7 days of death we may make an additional charge.
Reflect and Remember Option
For those who wish to have a direct cremation for themselves or a loved one, but would like the opportunity to have a personal “goodbye” time we offer our Reflect and Remember option.
We would be pleased to give the opportunity for a maximum of 10 people to have a 15minute private time in one of our beautifully decorated chapels of rest, at our funeral homes in Wimborne, Westbourne or Canford Heath. Your private time includes:
- up to 6 pieces of selected music which we will arrange
- on site car parking (only applicable at Wimborne and Canford Heath)
- the coffin to be in situ but will be sealed
- you can choose to give personal tributes, share memories or simply have your own quiet time
- you may also bring in flowers to place on the coffin or a picture of your loved one
- 6 memory cards to remember your loved one
- Must take place within 7 days of death (it is not guaranteed that the direct cremation will happen on the same day as the service)
This option includes all of the above and all of the standard features of our direct cremation package
Total Cost £2,267.00 inclusive of listed disbursements – fully payable before the cremation takes place. If the cremation does not happen within 7 days of death we may make an additional charge.
You may also choose a different coffin and we will advise you of the difference in costs.
PRE-PAID FUNERAL PLANNING GUIDE
To download a PDF copy of our useful funeral planning guide please use the button below
You can purchase your cremation funeral plan online by clicking the button below
What we do?
OUR FUNERAL SERVICES
For a more detailed look at our Funerals Services please use the links below
Choosing a Burial or Cremation is an important part of the funeral process.
Giving families more choices in remembering a loved one.
View our current funerals and find a service by name or location.
See what our customers have to say about our service.
GET IN TOUCH
If you have any questions or wish to discuss how we can help you or your family please get in touch
Wimborne (Head Ofice)
38 Rowlands Hill
5 The Old Pottery
128 Station Road
38 Seamoor Road
O’Hara Funeral Directors – Our family is here for your family
We are proud to run a truly independent family business. When you need us, our family really is here for your family.
Last Friday, Natalie O'Hara represented the company, when the Mayor of Poole,...
In October, director Anthony O'Hara was interviewed by SAIFInsight magazine, the...
Nicholas O’Hara Funeral Directors annual charity golf day was held on the 4th July at...